RE: [Nolug] Mimedefang not stopping new virus

From: Mark A. Hershberger <mah_at_everybody.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 11:07:58 -0600

On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 10:48, Wimprine, Thomas wrote:
> From the mimedefang mailing list, about why clamav doesn't stop it my uvscan
> does.

I'm really surprised mimedefang doesn't do base64 natively -- and I've
used it before.

For what its worth, I've recently begun using the combination of
postfix, amavisd, spamassassin, and clamav for most situtations.
Postfix (especially on Debian) is easy to set up and it is trivial to
install the other utilities and hook them together.

Compared with other options like mimedefang (on Sendmail) or
qmail-scanner, the postfix setup provides a nice balence between
ease-of-use and security.

Mark.