Re: [Nolug] nolug logo contest

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 08:42:13 -0600

On Saturday 21 February 2004 00:14, Kevin Kreamer spake:
> On Feb 20, 2004, at 17:38, Joey Kelly wrote:
> > Mischa came up with an idea: hold a contest to see who can come up
> > with a new
> > log for the website. Cool, huh? We'll see who comes up with what, and
> > probably vote on the entries at the March meeting at UNO. The
> > highest-rated
> > designs will then be summarily tosed into the trash --- no, strike
> > that ---
> > what will happen is that a select group of people will make the final
> > choice
> > from among the best entries.
>
> I've added a link under the 'About NOLUG' section on the home page for
> the logo contest. I was thinking, though, that perhaps we should add a
> 'Recent Topics' section on the home page, under which we can link stuff
> like the logo contest and the notes Chris made.

Yes, the UpcomingTopics page needs to be refactored. I was looking at it last
night, but haven't figured out how to do it. Patience, grasshopper.

Oh, and a word on editing and refactoring the wiki... if you can add to it, or
refactor, fine... but please don't delete blocks of text unless you're sure
the information is invalid. Moving stuff is better than deleting, even so.

"I may have invented it, but Bill made it famous."
 --- David Bradley, the IBM employee that invented CTRL-ALT-DEL