Re: [Nolug] Re: Problems with NOLUG's MTA?

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 08:23:21 -0600

On Friday 27 February 2004 07:51, scotth@scottharney.com spake:
> Joey Kelly <joey@joeykelly.net> writes:
> > Dunno. I HUPped it for good measure, though.
> >
> > Hey, if things go well, I might be moving everything off the dreaded
> > sendmail daemon in a month or so, anyway. Postfix, amavis, clamav,
> > spamassassin are in the works, and possibly even mailman, although I'm
> > not sold on mailman yet.
>
> What are you not sold on? I've run a number of mailing list packages
> and mailman is easily the best I've used.

Ok, ok... s/sold on/evaluated yet/... happy?

Anyhow, aside from the issue of the domain being wrong (which is probably a
sendmail misconfiguration on my part), the majordomo + hypermail combo has
given me little reason to want to switch.

I'm at least going to be letting the 2 mail servers be secondaries for each
other. and I might distribute my domains between them. Redundancy and all
that. So the list might move, or it might not --- I haven't even gotten to
that bridge yet.

I want to have the postfix box do all sorts of nice things, like silenty drop
virus-laden mail and mail with spurious attachments (.pif, .bat, etc.), etc.
Also spam will be tagged as such using spamassassin at the MTA level, instead
of being called by procmail as it is now.

> > So far postfix is talking to clamav through amavis, and I'm able to
> > receive mail. This is on my secondary server, which is actually the
> > replacement for the one that was lost in a fire last year.
> > --

"I may have invented it, but Bill made it famous."
 --- David Bradley, the IBM employee that invented CTRL-ALT-DEL