Re: [Nolug] wifi cards

From: Mark A. Hershberger <mah_at_everybody.org>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 14:47:06 -0600

Jay Latham wrote:

> I use the dlink dwl 650 with the stock Orinoco driver. I've used it
> with debian and slackware without any problems.

That particular card has 3 or four different revisions and only some of
them have the Prisim chipset (which works with the Orinoco driver).

Even though it looks like the latest version of the card (the one at
CompUSA, that is) has the Prism chipset (the Windows drivers had "Prism"
in the title), I couldn't get it to work with my Linux installation.

FWIW, my Xircom card uses the Orinoco drivers, so I know /they/ work.

Mark.