[Nolug] php scripts virtual hosts

From: James Scott <jhs_technical_at_cox.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 17:53:58 -0600

Ok I'm lost.

First this is the first time I ever installed MySQL, PHP and Apache from
rpm's. I figured other people do it without compiling them why not me.
I used yum and it was slick.

I have managed to get fc1's httpd server working and the php info
scripts work in virtual hosts docroot directories but no other php
scripts seem to do anything.

I have done exhaustive analysis of the config files and can find nothing
out of sorts. I have done little of this type of work however.

I have done tests with scripts that are seemingly professionally
developed and as soon as I get to the point where they say "go to the
URL" I get the 404 error file is not found on this server.

I may not have it straight how to manipulate the file structure in
"docroot" directories to make sure they are visible.

Any ideas, examples, helpful scripts?