[Nolug] OT - tech info about power supplies

From: Dave Prentice <prentice_at_instruction.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 19:14:41 -0600

Hello all,
    Hope somebody could give me some technical info about a power
supply. I have a Proxima Ovation LCD projection panel, the type that
sits on top of an overhead projector. It's been working for the last
year with a jury-rigged power supply from ebay that furnishes ground,
+5v, -5v, and +12v. However, the power supply is acting up. I tried to
make a new one from a regular old PC p.s. (the older style like the
ones on the AT), but it won't power up without being plugged onto a
motherboard. Does anybody know what pins on the motherboard connectors
tell the p.s. that it's OK to run? I was wondering if I could use a
jumper or resistor so it will work as a standalone p.s.
Thanks,
Dave Prentice
prentice@instruction.com
http://www.originsresource.org