Re: [Nolug] LUG conference in the French Quarter

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 07:16:24 -0600

On Thursday 25 March 2004 22:36, Manuel Lora spake:
> Hhmm that's cool. Is there a discount on the $225 registration? Seems a bit
> steep for a what is really a smallish kind of show.

They offset the registration fee by letting you take up to 4 LPI tests. I'm
sure many of us could pass the 2 tests for LPIC Level 1, which are regularly
$100 each.

BTW, I got a short invitation letter about the event yesterday:

> My name is John Weathersby, I'm the executive director of the Open
> Source Software Institute (www.oss-institute.org) and of LPI-US
> (www.lpi-us.org).  Good to meet you.
>
> LPI-US will be hosting a LUG conference in New Orleans in June called
> CLUB LUG, www.clublug.org.
>
> Please pass this notice to your members and join us for the event.

"I may have invented it, but Bill made it famous."
 --- David Bradley, the IBM employee that invented CTRL-ALT-DEL