Re: [Nolug] Vector Linux (slackware) losing network config

From: Alex McKenzie <alex_at_boxchain.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 12:01:24 -0600

Put your DNS server addresses in /etc/resolv.conf:

nameserver $DNS_SERVER_1
nameserver $DNS_SERVER_2

Yes, rc.inet1 starts the network. I make a copy of this file with the
various settings for other networks I maay want to connect to, and put
it in /root/inet.school, /root/inet.bobs.wlan, etc. (b/c, iirc, root
must be who commands the network settings)

Also, rc.local will execute after all the other rc scripts, so this is a
good place to call custom scripts that you want to run on boot. I much
prefer this style to all that S##foobar garbage in a lot of other distros.

--
Alex McKenzie     alex@boxchain.com     http://www.boxchain.com