[Nolug] linux firewall distro's that support ip aliasing with port forwarding

From: David J <davisparbuckle_at_cox.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 12:57:46 -0600

Hello all,
            Does anyone happen to know of any Linux firewall
distributions that natively support IP aliasing with port forwarding?
When I say natively, I mean easily; no manual reworking of firewall
rules to make it work (I've tried that and it's very time consuming).
In other words, are there any distro's that makes it really easy to
setup your aliases and firewall rules, perhaps all in one nice little
utility?
            I am using clarkconnect 1.3 right now with Cox and
everything is just great. What I really want to do is add another IP
address (provided by Cox of course) to my eth0, which would be eth0:0,
this is easy enough. The part that gets me is making port forwarding of
the alias work. So, instead of trying to reinvent the wheel with my
existing setup; I figure it would be best to "change the wheel" if there
is another wheel out there that would work for me. (Pardon my overuse
of analogies.) Any suggestions? Thanks.

Sincerely,

David B. John