RE: [Nolug] wireless cloud project using ham radio

From: Chris Reames <chris_at_drugfreemro.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 13:25:43 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-nolug@joeykelly.net [mailto:owner-nolug@joeykelly.net]On
Behalf Of Joey Kelly
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2004 10:48 PM
To: nolug@joeykelly.net
Subject: [Nolug] wireless cloud project using ham radio

Y'all,

I've been talking to Tom Wimprine, Charles Jouglard and others about putting
up a wireless cloud over parts of the metro area, using amateur radio
instead
of COTS 802.11b gear. Tonight I pitched the idea to the Jefferson Amateur
Radio Club (JARC: http://www.gnofn.org/~jarc/), and several people sounded
interested.

I've got a short description of the project on my personal wiki, which will
be
moved over to the nolug wiki at some point:

http://joeykelly.net/scratchpad/index.cgi?WirelessNetworkingAndHamRadio

--
Joey,
I know a guy in St. Rose that has a pathetic setup (that works) which he