Re: [Nolug] SPF trial run: please notify me if you find problems

From: scotth_at_scottharney.com
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 11:44:54 -0500

Joey Kelly <joey@joeykelly.net> writes:

> <snip>
>
>> What MTA/software are you using to do the SPF checks?
>
> I'm not, yet. All I've done so far is to publish the TXT record for my domain.
> I want to use SpamAssassin for doing checks, when the new version comes out.
> Since I expect to have that integrated into my MTA soon, when SA checks SPF I
> should be set.
>
> ...or not. I haven't read the docs completely through yet, so this may change.

MTA support is definitely coming. there's a plugin to postfix. I've seen
a couple of different patches for qmail and some discussion on their
mailing lists. Basically, I like the approach of marking the messages
with a header and letting spamassassin or other tools take action
from there.

--
Scott Harney<scotth@scottharney.com>
"Asking the wrong questions is the leading cause of wrong answers"