[Nolug] LPI Certification Resources

From: Randy Flood <stock_investor_guy_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 15:06:18 -0700 (PDT)

I have decided to go to the conference and try to get
my LPI certififications. I started doing some research
and founf that the bookstores around here didn't have
any LPI books. Anyway, I put up a web page with some
information that I have found so far about books,
practice tests, etc, on the LPI exams and posted it
at:

http://www.rhce2b.com/lpi.shtml

I intend to update it over time as I study.

My particular test strategy is probably going to be as
follows:

1. Print out the objectives for each exam. (Paying
close attention to the weights.) See my web page for
details on this. More to follow.)

2. For the 101 and 102 exams, I'm using the
Cramsessions. They cost $7.50 a piece and they are
like 31 pages long. I know a lot of Linux, but I do
not know every freaking option to the dpkg command.
Or, if you know all of those, do you know every option
to the rpm command? These are the kinds of things
that I want a short and sweet no nonsense tell me what
I need to know on the exam kind of a review.

Here are links:

http://www.rhce2b.com/cgi-bin/amazon_search.pl?input_item=B000079Y0V&input_search_type=AsinSearch

http://www.rhce2b.com/cgi-bin/amazon_search.pl?input_item=B000079Y0W&input_search_type=AsinSearch

Hint: They are cheaper at the above links then they
are at cramsession.com... :) (We'll ignore the fact
that I get a percent if you buy them through those
links... ;)

If you are going to buy a real book, you probably want
to buy Jeffrey Dean's LPI Linux Certification in a
Nutshell. He's a good author, and his book is the
most recent one the I know of. And it covers both the
101 and the 102 exam.

http://www.rhce2b.com/cgi-bin/amazon_search.pl?input_item=1565927486&input_search_type=AsinSearch

3. For the 201 and 202 exams things get a lot tougher.
 As far as I can tell, there aren't any books out to
study for them.

My plan is to buy online practice tests for all 4
exams from http://www.qksrv.net/click-1481076-4194789
(cert21) for $89. It's the only way I've found to
study for the 201 and 202 exams so far.

Anyway, all of this information, along with some links
to free LPI test questions, and some other commercial
test question providers is listed on the web page.

Randy

=====
Randy Flood
Randy.Flood@RHCE2B.COM