[Nolug] Perl hackers group in New Orleans :-)

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 16:48:03 -0500

Calling All New Orleans Perl Hackers:

We are starting a Perl Mongers group in New Orleans:
NewOrleans.pm!

We're going to be meeting the second Friday of each
month at the Fair Grinds Coffeehouse (fairgrinds.com),
3133 Ponce de Leon in New Orleans (a few doors down
from the Whole Foods on Esplanade).  The official
meeting will take place upstairs from 5pm to 7pm, but
folks will be free to socialize after that in the
coffeehouse.  Fair Grinds provides free wireless access
to the Internet, so bring a laptop or other wi-fi toy
if you'd like.

At the first meeting (this Friday, May 14), we'll be
talking about what we'd like to do at future meetings.

We have a mailing list just for NewOrleans.pm.  If
you'd like to subscribe to the list, you can do so
here:

We just have the one list, which we'll use for anything
and everything related to Perl Mongering in New
Orleans, from talking about Perl to announcing upcoming
meetings.

(In case the frequent uses of the terms "Perl" and "Perl
Mongers" have you confused, yet intrigued, perhaps the
following will help:

 What's Perl?

  Perl is a programming language (the name is an
  acronym for Practical Extraction and Reporting
  Language, but it's used for many tasks from system
  administration to web application programming).
  For more info on Perl, see http://www.perl.org/
  and http://use.perl.org/

 What's Perl Mongers?

  Perl Mongers is a worldwide network of Perl user
  groups.  For more info about Perl Mongers, see
  http://www.pm.org/

Even if you aren't into Perl now but would like to be,
feel free to come to our meetings--we'd be happy to
tell you why we like Perl.)

We look forward to seeing you at this week's or a future
meeting.

Please direct all questions to meet@neworleans.pm.org.

Thanks and see you Friday!

(apologies to Dave Cash)

"I may have invented it, but Bill made it famous."
 --- David Bradley, the IBM employee that invented CTRL-ALT-DEL