Re: [Nolug] Hardware gurus on the northshore

From: Christoph Boget <jcboget_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 15:36:51 -0700 (PDT)

> If the north shore had the same kind of
> electrical surges we did in the last few days,

Oh, I'm sure.

> maybe the CMOS got messed up. If you pull out
> everything but the video & keyboard, can you get
> into a setup screen?

No. It doesn't even get that far. I've also tried
resetting my CMOS and replacing the lithium battery.

> If so, check to see that it didn't change the kind
> of memory it's looking for, i.e. parity or non-
> parity.

Moot.

I just went out and bought a new 400W PSU to try that.
It's a 400W Antec just like the one I currently have
in there. That didn't seem to solve the problem.
After the very first boot on the new PCU, the board
POSTed C0 (C zero). I tried pulling out the RAM (both
sticks, just one stick swapping) each time starting
the PC up. Each time, again the board POSTed FF.
Put both sticks of RAM back in, POSTed FF. So now
the only thing it could be is the MB or CPU, right?
Good thing I kept the reciept for the PSU...

thnx,
Christoph