Re: [Nolug] Flash memory access, lack thereof

From: John D. Tiedeman <jdtiede_at_sstar.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 14:57:37 -0500
Ron Johnson wrote:
On Mon, 2004-06-07 at 08:28 -0500, John D. Tiedeman wrote:

Mark A. Hershberger wrote:

John Tiedeman wrote:

On Mon, 31 May 2004 14:25:04 -0400
 mah@everybody.org (Mark A. Hershberger) wrote:
 >"John D. Tiedeman" <jdtiede@sstar.com> writes:
 >
 >> On "B" I get "mount point /mnt/flash does not exist."
 >
 >Well, you need to fix that.  "mkdir /mnt/flash" should do the job.

[snip]

Actually "mkdir /mnt/flash" was the first step I took on the disc I am
currently using; I must have forgotten to do that on another one. The
problem on this one is "sda1 is not a valid block device." My /etc/fstab
entry is "/dev/sda1     /mnt/flash    vfat     user,noauto,umask=0    0
0." I'm not really sure about anything after "noauto"; I have seen
several versions and don't know how critical they are.

It may be /dev/sdb1

Not a valid block device as sdb1 either.