[Nolug] USB CF memory and CD burner

From: John D. Tiedeman <jdtiede_at_sstar.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 15:38:19 -0500

Still struggling with the CF memory; still get "not a valid block
device." For a while, I was getting "media not valid" or "no
media"--something to that effect, and can't reproduce that now.
    In the meantime, I have been trying to get my CD burner going again.
It also worked under RH 9 but so far not under FC 1. I would like to try
FC 2 on one disk but need to burn CDs from the downloads I have already
taken.

My /etc/fstab reads as follows:
LABEL=/ / ext3 defaults 1 1
none /dev/pts devpts gid=5,mode=620 0 0
none /proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/hdb3 swap swap defaults 0 0
/dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom udf,iso9660
noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0
/dev/sdb1 /mnt/cdwriter udf,iso9660 noauto,owner,kudzu,rw 0 0
/dev/sda1 /mnt/flash vfat user,noauto,umask=0 0 0

Note that /mnt/cdrom works, but it's IDE.
The modules installed that I think may be pertinent are:
usb-storage *
usbcore*
nls_iso8859-1
ide-cd
udf
sr_mod
cdrom
vfat
fat
sd_mod
scsi_mod
*These two have a tendency to disappear and have to be reinstalled.