Re: [Nolug] Meeting topic?

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 08:42:27 -0500

On Thursday 17 June 2004 8:16 am, Simon Dorfman spake:
> Has a topic been decided for tonight's NOLUG meeting? The wiki says TBD.
> http://nolug.org/nolugwiki/index.cgi?UpcomingTopics

We were going to take a look at using X windows remotely. From simple things
such as logging in to another machine and starting a GUI application there
(with the display popping up on your desktop), to setting up a server
designed for X terminal users.

I might be fun, if I can master enough of the material by tonight (I've been
snowed under lately). Dave Prentice, are you out there? Could you possibly
give a short talk/demo of LSTP for us tonight?

"I may have invented it, but Bill made it famous."
 --- David Bradley, the IBM employee that invented CTRL-ALT-DEL