[Nolug] redhat upgrade for web server

From: Bart <pittari_at_cox.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 13:15:19 -0500

I have a webserver here at work that is running RH 7.3 and we were
looking to upgrade it to RH9.0.

I am looking to migrate our site to use something like phpWebsite and
didn't have mySQL and some of the other pieces of software needed. I
was wondering if upgrading would allow me to add on the packages I would
need/want and still save the user account settings and tweak downs that
were made or if possibly archiving what I have and reformatting would be
the way to go.

Also, would anyone recommend using LAMP to set this up properly? I did
some reading on it, but forgot the supported flavors/versions.

Bart