Re: [Nolug] redhat upgrade for web server

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 10:44:41 -0500

On Wed, 2004-06-30 at 09:34 -0500, James Scott wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 22:52, Bart Pittari wrote:
> > That's about what I was thinking - was gonna go Fedora since I had a
> > download of it.
> snip
> Just to drop a note here on this issue. I had settled on Red Hat
> sometime ago and finally upgraded to FC1. It is kind of tweaky and does
> not work as well as I would like. I have not lost anything important
> but I wouldn't put anything of production interest on it.
> I am about to explore other distros for end user stuff even.
> Haven't used FC2 yet and won't. Just a bit too bleeding edge for
> getting any regular work done.

If you're looking, may I suggest Debian Sarge.
Yes, it's the "testing" branch, but that's really too strong a
term, since before packages are moved to "testing", they sit in
the "unstable" branch for a while, getting pounded on and up-
dated.

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA
LUKE: Is Perl better than Python?
YODA: No... no... no. Quicker, easier, more seductive.
LUKE: But how will I know why Python is better than Perl?
YODA: You will know. When your code you try to read six months
from now.