Re: [Nolug] In case you wanted to know how big 2 to the 3,000, 000is...

From: Friedrich Gurtler <fgurtler_at_tulane.edu>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 15:58:20 -0500

Alex McKenzie wrote:

>In the php code that was posted,
>it was calling a bcmath function, which isn't compiled in by default. The
>perl code also uses a similar library (Math::BigInt). The python code was
>not using the equivalent function, which is why it took ages.

Ehhh, sorta yeah.

Math::BigInt is part of the standard perl distro, but it is admittedly
pretty slow for large numbers. However, it allows you to stub out
functions to libraries, by setting the lib directive. I used GMP, but I
could have used BitVect, which probably would have been faster too,
considering our example. But I see your point.