Re: [Nolug] new NOLUG server: beta test

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 14:14:34 -0500

On Fri, 2004-07-16 at 13:56 -0500, Joey Kelly wrote:
> On Friday 16 July 2004 1:32 pm, Ron Johnson spake:
>
> > The purple background is a bit overwhelming.
>
> I lightened it up a tad... better?

Not for my eyes.

> I'm going for a mardi gras theme, if you haven't picked up on that. Oh, and I

Yeah, after I recovered from the initial "eehh, it's preppy pink
and green!!!" reaction.

How about a thin purple/green/gold stripe running down the right
side of the page, with logo2.png sitting on top of it?

<RANT>
Years ago, I got way tired of the Big Easy, "Let The Good Times
Roll", there's always a party, City That Care Forgot image that
people are still wrapped up in, while the metropolis is going down
the toilet. The region is doing a 2nd Line straight for the $DEITY
damned trash heap, and not enough people give a good $DEITY damn.

"But it's the culture!!" people say. Fsck the "culture"!!! The
"culture" was great, but has been perverted into a "show your tits"
bacchanalia for out-of-towners who love to visit, but would never
want to live here.
</RANT>