Re: [Nolug] application/x-java-vm plugin

From: Brad Bendily <brad_at_selu.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 10:47:25 -0500 (CDT)

> When entering certain websites, I get the message " . . . contains
> information of type application/x-java/vm . . ." I am then given the
> opportunity to download the Linux plug-in. It apparently downloads and
> installs, but it never takes effect and I have tried downloading it many
> times (no more than once a day). I can't find any files it may have
> installed. What's going on?

What browser are you using?

You need to check that you have java enabled in your browser,
and you need to check where the path to java in your browser is
set to. Do you have java working at your command line? If so
then it should be simple to get it working in the browser.

Also, sometimes I've run across a java applet that is old and
doesn't like to work on newer versions of java. That could be the
case as well.

BB