RE: [Nolug] cox new orleans outage? - Cause and Explanation

From: John Souvestre <johns_at_sstar.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 16:09:06 -0500

Hi Jeff.

No, for ADSL you need a phone line to start with. I'm told that in a
half-year or so ADSL will be available on a dry pair (the line comes with
the ADSL service) but it will cost more to cover the cost of the dry pair.

If you have Cox Cable for TV to start with, you would probably be best going
that route. ADSL does offer some things which cable typically doesn't (at
the home level), but it costs more.

There is also a new "ADSL light" - 256K/128K. It's faster than 56K modem
speed, but not as fast as "broadband" (cable and regular ADSL). It costs
less, however. So if you are on a tight budget, you might want to check it
out too.

John

    John Souvestre - Southern Star - (504) 888-3348 - www.sstar.com