Re: [Nolug] cox new orleans outage? - Cause and Explanation

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 16:11:56 -0500

On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 20:50 +0000, Jeff Lee wrote:
> A friend of mine has BS DSL and for some reason can ONLY ping an IP. No
> other services work. I don't exactly know if it is his modem or service but
> I couldn't figure things out.. Any idea?

Sounds like a DNS issue. Maybe he entered the wrong addresses for
the DNS servers?

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA
PGP Key ID 8834C06B
"You ask us the same question every day, and we give you the same
answer every day. Someday, we hope that you will believe us..."
U.S. Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, to a reporter