Re: [Nolug] Glogs and galleries

From: Dustin Puryear <dpuryear_at_usa.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 17:01:19 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joey Kelly" <joey@joeykelly.net>
To: <nolug@joeykelly.net>
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2004 2:12 PM
Subject: Re: [Nolug] Glogs and galleries

> On Tuesday 03 August 2004 1:47 pm, Friedrich Gurtler spake:
> > We all know that Joey only said cool because you had an anti-Moore rant.
> >
> > /duck
>
> Heh, I didn't even click the link. I'm more interested in following
through
> with Manuel's suggestion.

Moore, like any ideologue, continues to commit the same sin that other
ideologues do: He colors facts and reinforces "possibles" so that they favor
his view. While he may have a few valid points, people are so polarized by
his approach that I don't think he has a real chance of swaying opinions.
Alas, I see this becoming more of a problem over time, not less. As far as
current politics, both Republicans and Democrats do it, and that's one
reason why I am an independent.

Newsweek had a good article recently debunking both Democratic and
Republican assertions about the economy and social services. Very
interesting. I would like to see the media rip both parties apart more
often, rather than taking sides as they often do (e.g., TV and the left and
radio and the right).

Getting myself back on topic somewhat, this is also a problem with Linux and
Windows zealots. How often have you read a review or rant that was so
intentionally biased that it was transparent?