[Nolug] networking question

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 14:24:02 -0500

I have a the following scenario, and don't know exactly how to make it work:

My client has 5 or so IP addresses from their provider. I have a Linux box
sitting on one of the IPs, and I'm doing NAT for the office LAN behind it. I
also have a server that I need to open up completely to the net, such that
all traffic to a certain IP gets forwarded to the server (I know, I know, but
humor me). The existing NAT has to stay in place.

I'm using iptables to do the NAT. I suppose that can also forward all ports
for the second IP to the internal server, or perhaps a utility like rinetd
could do it. Either way, I know that I have to place the second public IP on
my external NIC (this part I can do).

So... what do I do next?

Thanks.

"I may have invented it, but Bill made it famous."
 --- David Bradley, the IBM employee that invented CTRL-ALT-DEL