Re: [Nolug] Rant Wiki

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 18:56:26 -0500

On Tuesday 10 August 2004 5:35 pm, Kevin Kreamer spake:
> Chris Reames wrote:
> > We need a rant wiki...(obviously, we all have a lot of pent up
> > frustrations) Joey! Fix it! *grin*
>
> Well, that's kinda the point of a wiki, is that anyone can fix it.. not
> just Joey. For example, if you now look on the home page, under the
> 'About NOLUG' section, you'll see a link for OtherNOLUGPages. If you
> follow that link, I think that area would be a good place to link your
> ideas/rants/links/whatever (assuming a wiki page for each idea or rant
> or whatever).

Very correct --- except that since I'm asking that religion and politics be
kept off the mailing list, why would putting it on the wiki be any more
acceptable?

If you want to rant about politics, religion, your job, your rash, or
whatever, there are ample blog sites available on the web. Go get one and put
your off-topic stuff there, please.

Again, minor threads I don't care about, if it's at least tangentially related
to Linux. Negative comments about sitting presidents or ruling deities, for
instance, simply don't belong here.

To clarify: Mark used to work for the Dean campaign, IIRC, and he brought it
up because they wrote open-source campaign software. That is perfectly ok for
this list. However, spewing Bush-hatred is absolutely un-called for and has
nothing to do with Linux, and I simply won't tolerate it here.

I like Bush. You may hate his guts. So what? We both need to keep our opinions
to ourselves if we want to enjoy our hobby and/or chosen profession together.
If you can't do that, you need to find another list and another LUG.

There, I've said it twice. I'm still nice about it, mind you. Please don't
make me pull out the LART stick, guys.

Thanks.

"I may have invented it, but Bill made it famous."
 --- David Bradley, the IBM employee that invented CTRL-ALT-DEL