Re: [Nolug] debian kernel config

From: Mark A. Hershberger <mah_at_everybody.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 11:47:47 -0400

> Its less about performance than it is about reducing the amount of
> junk that I don't need that's in the kernel. The less unneeded stuff
> kept in the kernel, the less points for failure or exploitation.

Now, that's a decent argument.

Thanks!

(Still, I'm not that worried about someone exploiting my laptop.
When you port-scan it, for example, nothing is open. And, all that
stuff I don't need in the kernel has come in handy. I really like
the fact that when I plug in a piece of equipment I've never used
before, Debian usually recognizes it.)

--
A choice between one man and a shovel, or a dozen men with teaspoons
is clear to me, and I'm sure it is clear to you also.