Re: [Nolug] router on a floppy

From: Dave Prentice <prentice_at_instruction.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 18:49:54 -0500

    Everybody probably has a preference, but I've been using Freesco
for about 4 years without a hitch. It does what you're talking about
from a floppy, and all you need is about 16meg of RAM. You turn it on
and forget about it.
    Freesco's main drawback is that it doesn't do a very good job of
splitting bandwidth between the machines on your internal network.
This only shows up as a problem when you are doing large files (e.g.
iso images) on one machine. The others have to patiently wait until
they can get a packet in edgewise.
Dave Prentice
prentice@instruction.com
http://www.originsresource.org