Re: [Nolug] Need a Cox expert... -

Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 22:08:42 -0500

Charles Jouglard wrote:

> Jeremy,
> "I can neither confirm nor deny any such speeds..." ;-)
>
> All kidding aside, this could be a great day on the Internet where all the
> routers played nice with each other and made people happy.
>
> Cox Business services does not currently have a service level that offers such
> bandwidth via a cable modem that I am aware of.

*$#% *@#$% *$#% (*%$ *#$@#....

I honestly was thinking of giving Cox a second chance, even after my
nightmare-ish service in Metairie, if such a speed profile existed...

> What is most curious is how and why the modem allow such speeds to pass through.
> The modem shouldn't be provisioned to allow these speeds.

I don't know... I just remember downloading 600MB in under 15 minutes
and then picking my jaw off the floor and doing it again... You know,
just in case someone had doped my water bottle and I was hallucinating.

I'm assuming that its an error on the head-end in the config file that
the modem fetchs from the TFTP server...

No matter what though, I'd rather he just be able to keep his speed
until its "found," preferably never... ;) The guy basically runs a
financial advisory service along with his wife (very good advisors too)
and they mostly just do VPN tunneling to the home office and VERY light
surfing...

Anyway, thanks for getting back so fast Charles... I should have just
come to this list when I was using Cox and having loads of problems last
year...