Re: [Nolug] Gmail accounts

From: Mark A. Hershberger <mah_at_everybody.org>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 10:57:43 -0400

Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> writes:

> So... I think the possibility of storing data in Gmail is cool.

Eh... I see only two interesting things:

 - It's Google and They're Not Evil (TM)
 - They're the first to acknowledge the fact that 1GB of storage is
   cheap.

If I really wanted a slow, web-based storage system, I'd use DavFS on
my own server where I could also access my data from Windows or MacOS
as well as Linux.

Mark.

--
A choice between one man and a shovel, or a dozen men with teaspoons
is clear to me, and I'm sure it is clear to you also.