Re: [Nolug] not really Linux related

From: Jonathan Schwehm <jonathan_at_figstreet.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 16:32:27 -0500

This is what I got from the state DEQ in July this year. Looks like #1
is over, that's what I took advantage of:

1. Office Depot
Consumers can drop off electronics at any Office Depot store between
July 18 and Labor Day. The service is limited to one computer system or
other electronic device per customer per day.

2. Wait until December 5th, when the National Recycling Coalition and
Dell are sponsoring an electronics collection in New Orleans. This is
hands on training for electronics a collection training workshop being
held on December 4th for local government recyclers.

3. Contact an immaterial recycler. Here are the only four I know about in
Louisiana.

Computers for Louisiana Kids (has statewide collection points)
c/o Corporate Recycling Council
800 St. Phillip Street
Baton Rouge, LA 70802
225.379.3577
http://www.cacrc.com

Technology Exchange
47108 Conrad Anderson Road
Hammond, LA 70401
985.340.0060
http://www.technology-exchange.net/

Computer Scrappers
13882 Florida Blvd
Baton Rouge, LA 70819
225.275.0161

LEI (formerly Lamp Recyclers of Louisiana)
46257 Morris Road
P.O. Box 2962 (70404-2962)
Hammond, LA 70401
800.309.9908
www.lei-inc.net

Best Regards,
John Rogers
Staff Environmental Scientist
Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality
john.rogers@la.gov
225.219.3266
800.305.6621 (LA only)
225.219.3309 fax