Re: [Nolug] the power of a networked desktop

From: Petri Laihonen <pietu_at_weblizards.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 12:09:37 -0400 (EDT)

It is a cool feature.

I've been using "fish" for some time already when editing files on the
remote server. Negative point with doing this is that often programs like
quanta want to continue editing same remote files next time when opened
locally for a new file.

I discovered fish when trying to find GUI for SSH connections so that I
don't have to setup tunneling variables every time on the command line. I
have since learned the existence of .ssh/config, which does this
automatically for me. Also, my SSH connections are aliased there as well.