Re: [Nolug] I foobarred my SuSe 9.1, had to reinstall

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 18:08:02 -0500

> its like evrything is locked down.

Not locked down, just no servers are running.

> I try to go to 127.0.0.1 to view my
> index.html page and I keep getting errors.

I'll bet dollars to donuts apache isn't running.

> If I go to 127.0.0.1:631 I
> can pull up the CUPS admin page.

CUPS doesn't use apache.

Ok, here's the easy way out... start YaST and find the Runlevel Editor, and
turn on the stuff you want. If it's not installed, YaST will helpfully
install it. Configuration comes later, if you need to configure anything,
that is.

"I may have invented it, but Bill made it famous."
 --- David Bradley, the IBM employee that invented CTRL-ALT-DEL