Re: [Nolug] Machine naming themes

From: -ray <ray_at_ops.selu.edu>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 19:24:38 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004, Mischa Krilov wrote:

> Anybody have any good stories to tell?

Our two linux firewalls are named snootchie and bootchie. I tend to name
my home machines after female singers. Once we acquired 4 Sun machines,
so i called them John, Paul, George, and Ringo. Machines at the disaster
recovery room are named after archangels. Mail servers are named after
characters from Cheers.

The very first production Linux machine on campus (8-10 years ago) was
named "ohno" by the VMS system admin. We recently renamed it's sister
machine to "hellyea".

ray