[Nolug] Re: wifi cards

From: Kevin Kreamer <kevin_at_kreamer.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 18:15:34 -0600

Bill Johnson wrote:

>I have a D-Link DWL-650+; H/W:A1, how do I get it to work with Linux.
>
>Thanks again to Mischa for setting up DSL on my laptop.

Hi,

I was the one at the meeting that told you to post this to the mailing
list. Unfortunately, I found out that the card I was thinking of during
that meeting was actually a DWL-650, not a DWL-650+ (like I said,
similarly numbered cards can be completely different internally).

But, I found this page:
http://support.dlink.com/faq/view.asp?prod_id=357
which is a list of links for Linux drivers for various DLink cards.
Following it for your card goes to:
http://acx100.sourceforge.net/
which seems to be open-source drivers for your card, but still
experimental. So, if you are feeling very daring, you could try to
download the code and install it. Alternatively, it might be something
to do during the next meeting.

Kevin