Re: [Nolug] mount question

From: Scott Harney <scotth_at_scottharney.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 12:51:50 -0600

David John wrote:

Better idea. Run apache on your firewall and reverseproxy connections
in to your two webservers based on the virtualhost URL. Here's how to
do it: http://www.scottharney.com/blog/2003/02/21/#apache_proxy

O'Reilly's "Linux Hacks" book has some similar tips in the last couple
of chapters.

> Here is what I'm trying to do:
>
> I have one public IP
> I have a basic firewall distro
> I have port 80 pointed towards Box A which is running Apache, etc.
> I have port 8000 pointed towards Box B which is running squirrelmail, etc.
> I have set up NFS on Box B to share the squirrelmail directory, etc.
> I can mount said directory on Box A and everything is dandy.
>
> What I would like to do is mount said directory as user Apache so that
> squirrelmail would appear to be running on Box A. (I have already set up
> a virtual host.)
>
> How would I go about achieving this through fstab or other means? I know
> this probably isn't the most secure thing in the world but I am curious to
> see how it would perform. Apache is running as userid, groupid 72 on Box
> A and 48 on Box B.
>
> Thanks,
> Dave

Scott Harney<scotth@scottharney.com>
"Asking the wrong questions is the leading cause of wrong answers"
gpg key fingerprint=7125 0BD3 8EC4 08D7 321D CEE9 F024 7DA6 0BC7 94E5