[Nolug] Still having disc problems

From: John Tiedeman <jdtiede_at_sstar.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 14:31:40 -0600

     I got both systems working (turned out to be memory problems) but can't
get either to boot from CD. I tried three drives in turn and changed BIOS
settings accordingly. I got one to boot from s2k installation diskettes, but
at the end it said it couldn't go any farther--two tries. I think I would
rather put w98 on but don't know if diskettes can be made to start that.
     I have two RedHat boot diskettes (7.2 and 9) and both produce several
screens of info but after ?mounting root filesystem" I get:
   mount: error 19 mounting ext2
   pivotroot: pivot_root(/sysroot,/sysroot/initrd) failed: 2
   Freeing uused kerned emory: 232k freed
   Kernel panic: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel.
I don't really understand this, and don't know what to pass to kernel or how
to do it.
     One old FC2 disc works partially and I'm hoping it will help me reload
both, but am using it to download FC3 today.