[Nolug] Can-t reactivate eth0

From: John Tiedeman <jdtiede_at_sstar.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 14:26:22 -0600

In all my confusion over malfunctioning hds (even tho Seatools says they're
ok) the eth0 on my main box was disabled. Using the network device control
which RedHat/Fedora provides, I get a notice that users can't control the
device.

Logging in as root, I first get a message that there is an error in XKB
configuration. I found how to click around that and things seem to work
normally, but when I use the same control to try to reactivate eth0, I get:
"system-config--network:

  Error saving configuration!
  [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '//etc/sysconfig/network-
  scripts//ifcfg-lo.rpmsave'"

Both that file and ifcfg-eth0 DO exist. I tried chmod both to 777 and that
just produced another message that they shouldn't have global access, but I
still couldn't activate.