Re: [Nolug] Can't use printer as usb device anymore

From: John Tiedeman <jdtiede_at_sstar.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 14:36:15 -0600

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 14:56:05 -0500
  "Mark A. Hershberger" <mah@everybody.org> wrote:
> John Tiedeman wrote:
>> As of today, my printer will only work under parallel. I like to keep
it
>> usb on this machine so I can use parallel on the portable and the
>
> Sounds like, from this and your other message, that something is wrong
>with usb, doesn't it?
>
> Is USB working at all? When you do "lsusb" what do you see? Does it
>change if you plug something in?

  lsusb: Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
         Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
I couldn't find the other USB cable (found one with USB on one end, RJ14 on
the other and have no idea what that's for) so unplugged one and got the
same as above.
find / -name usb*: /dev/usb/usblcd -- what might this be?
lsmod shows the following which I think are applicable:
scsi_mod
ehci_mod
uhci_mod
Isn't there another with stor or storage in its name? Couldn't find it.

True, the probably is something wrong with USB, but the internal CD/DVD-ROM
is IDE (Sony 1612) and it gives the same "no medium" message.