Re: [Nolug] In the Wiki...

Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 15:49:42 -0600

Joey Kelly wrote:

> On Wednesday 12 January 2005 12:42 pm, Jeremy (mailing list box) spake:
>
>>Just reading through the Wiki and I noticed this comment next to the
>>description for OpenBSD...
>>
>>"Paranoid elitists run OpenBSD."
>>
>>Who put OS politics in the Wiki ? *grumbles*
>

> Not politics, just sarcasm about politics. Enjoy :-)
>
> And please tell me how my statement is factually wrong?

Well, its like saying "Freeloading communists run Linux..." Its true,
but at the same time its not true. Its called overgeneralization.

There are plenty of people who run it that aren't "paranoid elitists,"
present company included.

Saying that its developed by a paranoid elitist (Theo), might be a
little bit more accurate though. ;)