Re: [Nolug] Verizon high speed wireless

From: Mark A. Hershberger <mah_at_everybody.org>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 21:49:06 -0500

Jeff Lee wrote:
> Could you give more detailed information on this? I used to use my phone
> to connect to the net with sprint but now I cant get it to work

I'll show you what I have in my PPP configuration. It has been some
time since I used this, though, so no guarantees.

You should know that I'm running on Debian and used pppconfig to set
this up.

--- start /etc/ppp/peers/sprintpcs ---
# This optionfile was generated by pppconfig 2.0.10.
#
#
hide-password
noauth
connect "/usr/sbin/chat -v -f /etc/chatscripts/sprintpcs"
debug
/dev/ttyACM0
115200
defaultroute
noipdefault
user hexmode@sprintpcs.net
remotename sprintpcs
ipparam sprintpcs

usepeerdns
--- end /etc/ppp/peers/sprintpcs ---

--- start /etc/chatscripts/sprintpcs
# This chatfile was generated by pppconfig 2.0.10.
# Please do not delete any of the comments. Pppconfig needs them.
#
# ispauth PAP
# abortstring
ABORT BUSY ABORT 'NO CARRIER' ABORT VOICE ABORT 'NO DIALTONE' ABORT 'NO
DIAL TONE' ABORT 'NO ANSWER' ABORT DELAYED
# modeminit
'' ATZ
# ispnumber
OK-AT-OK ATDT#777
# ispconnect
CONNECT \d\c
# prelogin

# ispname
# isppassword
# postlogin

# end of pppconfig stuff
--- end /etc/chatscripts/sprintpcs ---

Note that the above file has a single line beginning at "ABORT" and
ending at "DELAYED".

Anyway, last time I used this, I just did "pon sprintpcs" and it worked.
  IIRC, I last used this about eight months ago.

You'll need a cable to connect your phone to your USB port. And,
you'll need to make sure that the above ttyACM device is correct.

Mark.