[Nolug] Networking printer thru router

From: John Tiedeman <jdtiede_at_sstar.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 19:31:48 -0600

     I have my w2k box printing using the ethernet connection to my Siemens
(Speedstream) 2614 router, which has a parallel port for output to printer.
Both the w2k and Linux machines are using the same router to connect to the
Internet. The printer networking choices in FC 3 all seem to be aimed at
having another computer act as server, except for the Novell and JetDirect
options. Since the linux box is my primary computer and the one I normall
leave on all the time, I want to be able to print from it with nothing else
turned on but the router. So far I haven't been able to get the printer
recognized on the Linux box after trying all the options listed. Do I have
to set up Samba?