Re: [Nolug] tinkering with /etc/rc.d/init.d/network

From: Scott Harney <scotth_at_scottharney.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 12:45:20 -0600

David John wrote:
> On Wed, March 2, 2005 11:55 pm, -ray said:
>
>>Any reason you are wanting to force it to 100Base-FD? Unless you have a
>>managed switch and can also force the other side to 100Base-FD, it's
>>normally best to leave both sides at auto-negotiation, in my experience.
>>
>>ray
>>

> Its plugged into a BS router that is 100FD. It would be easier to set
> eth0 on Fedora to 100FD rather than asking BS to change the router to auto
> sensing, if you know what I mean.

I believe you should be using ethtool instead of miitool on Fedora. If so, you
can put your launch details by settting $ETHTOOL_OPTS in /etc/sysconfig/network
/sbin/ifup looks for ETHTOOL_OPTS and will run ethtool with those options if
the variable is set.

> David

Scott Harney <scotth@scottharney.com>
"Asking the wrong questions is the leading cause of wrong answers"
gpg key fingerprint=7125 0BD3 8EC4 08D7 321D CEE9 F024 7DA6 0BC7 94E5