Re: [Nolug] Re: [brlug-general] need feedback on security talk outline

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 22:29:04 -0600

On Monday March 21 2005 20:12, -ray spake:

> One big omission I see is Social Engineering. It's the easiest way to
> hack, and the most overlooked aspect of security (i like talking about
> Social Engineering).

Yeah, this is important.

> Some other topics you may want to mention. These may be included in the
> topics you have already:

Thanks for the list. I'll see how much of this fits with my particular angle.

> User training

Hmm... you mean teaching users the rudiments of safe computing?

> Those topics came from a talk i gave to some MBAs on the managerial
> aspects of security. There was also a section on how to think like a
> hacker. If you want i can send it, it's .ppt but i created it in
> OpenOffice.

Sure, why not? Post it here for all to see?

Thanks.

GPG key fingerprint = 8F11 D859 81A6 DE8C 5429  4A07 7146 1AFD 5C41 161E
"I may have invented it, but Bill made it famous."
 --- David Bradley, the IBM employee that invented CTRL-ALT-DEL