Re: [Nolug] need feedback on security talk outline

Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 20:50:14 -0600

Joey Kelly wrote:
> Guys,
>
> Here is an outline for a security talk I gave a few years ago. I am trying to
> update it for content, correctness, etc., and would appreciate any and all
> feedback. I know it needs a little work, but "given enough eyes, all bugs are
> shallow". Don't worry, you won't hurt my feelings.
>
> Thanks.
>
> http://joeykelly.net/rants/securitytalk.txt

You should probably add a section on wireless security...

MAC filtering (both in hardware and on the DHCP server)
RADIUS authentication
WEP/WPA
Captive portals for authentication/stopping unauthorized users
Detection and mapping (aka war driving)

There's more that can be covered, but that's all that I can spit out
right now...

Jeremy