[Nolug] Routing question

From: Dan Danese <dan_at_mpsware.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 11:12:40 -0500

Hello.

It's been a while since I have been on the list. How are things in nolug?

Have a question that one of the networking experts might be able to answer.

I have a current network that will be adding another one to itself on a
different ip scheme.

The path is Internet -> our router (internet gateway) -> our switch => our
computers. This works.

Now one of the computers on the network will be a server that hosts two
interfaces. Eth1 is on our network where eth0 is going to be on another
scheme. The second network needs to only be able to access their server and
the internet. I do not want them to be able to access our network in
general.

How would I configure this? I have been looking at route and iptables. So
far iptables looks like the best bet, but I can't seem to find a decent
example that will explain it simply.

The server with two interfaces (ie: client server) is Fedora Core 3.

Thanks for the help

Dan