[Nolug] intro

From: Jeffrey Brite <jeff_at_896tech.com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 03:45:16 +0000

Hello everyone,

It's been a long time since I've been on the list or attended a meeting...

The name's Jeffrey Brite. Some might remember me as Mike Raeder's PFY a few
years ago, before he moved on to greener pastures and abandoned me to learn
System Adminitration through baptisism by fire. I now do consulting work with
C4 Tech Support (http://www.896tech.com)... mostily windows work, but some
Linux here and there when we can fit it in. At least our internal servers are
Linux. :)

Anyway, I'm going to be showing Revolution OS http://www.revolution-os.com/
at this anarchist bookstore known as the Ironrail
http://www.freewebs.com/ironrail/ and thought some of the NOLUG people might
be interested... either because they haven't seen it, or because they might
want to help introduce FOSS to a different crowd. I don't expect a large
crowd, but the more the merrier. Don't be afraid of the politics of the
store, most of the people are nice folks.

We were thinking of passing out some Knoppix CDs and GNUWin CDs
(http://gnuwin.epfl.ch/en/index.html) or The OpenCD Project CDs
(http://www.theopencd.org/).

If anyone has any other suggestions please drop me an email.

If you are interested in going, it's held on 7:30 PM, May 25th at the
Ironrail Book Store - 511 Marigny St., New Orleans, LA

Thanks,
-Jeff