[Nolug] New Arrival

From: Eddie Mihalow Jr <prr56_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 13:14:01 -0400

Hello Fellow Penquinistas!
I just recently moved to the NO area from Charlotte,NC and was very pleased
to see that ya'll had a lug. We didn't have one in Charlotte, so I got
most of my
info from the Mandrake cooker and Gentoo mailing lists and forums. It
will be
great to actually meet real people.
I'm new here so I would like to know what distros ya'll are using and
just what
is a Guerilla Linux? I used to use Mandrake but was frustrated by trying to
compile programs-just kept missing that one lib. I tried out Suse, Red Hat,
Knoppix, but finally settled on Gentoo. Yes, it took awhile to compile,
but i've been very
happy since (2 1/2 years). No, I didn't use it because of all the insane
USE flags and all that, just because of Portage and compiling programs I
want.
I use it on my desktop and server for file sharing and print serving.
Well that's it. Glad to Say Where Yat!

--
Edward A Mihalow Jr
Gentoo!Linux