Re: [Nolug] Make File

From: -ray <ray_at_ops.selu.edu>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 10:01:40 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 27 May 2005, Robert Bet wrote:

> Could you tell me how to build a "make file"? I have a couple of binaries
> that I guess I need to compile into an *.rpm. Any help would be appreciated.

Most source distributions come with a makefile simply named 'Makefile'.
Generally you'd type "./configure; make; make install" to compile and
install to /usr/local.

I'm not sure how to put existing binaries into an rpm. Normally you build
the rpm from the source tree. For that you need a *.spec file. Check to
see if the package you are building has a spec file, then use the rpmbuild
command to build the rpm.

ray